If you own a property in Spain but live more than 183 days a year outside of Spain you will be considered a Non-Resident in Spain for Tax purposes.

Therefore, you will need to pay property taxes in Spain even if you normally pay taxes in your home country.
As a Non-Resident you will need to pay a municipal property tax called “IBI’ and you will have to file a yearly tax declaration for your Spanish property to the state tax agency, Agencia Tributaria. The tax that needs to be declared is usually referred to as the “Non-Resident tax” which needs to be filed on a tax form “Modelo 210”. The tax is usually 0,209 0,48 % of your taxable value (Valor Catastral) if you do not rent out your property. If you do rent out your property, you need to declare your rental income and deduct your costs. Our recommendation is to always get help from an expert tax expert to present your tax forms


Do you need help?

About Us


IPP Spain is a family run real estate agency which has been working on the Costa del Sol for 20 years. We look after clients wanting to buy property from Malaga all the way to Estepona - from studios and apartments to multi-million euro villas. Some people are looking for their dream second home, others want a lucrative holiday rental property and many are now relocating to Spain for a change in lifestyle.

We are a mix of Spanish and English speakers and our aim is to make the property buying experience in Spain a pleasure for our clients. 

We help them every step of the buying process, including support finding Spanish mortgages and connecting them with our own lawyers who offer a special discount for our clients. 

We also offer a property management service for those clients who wish to rent out their properties for winter or long-term rentals. 

We have access to all the new build projects, saving you a lot of time and being able to guide you with our market knowledge. Buying directly from the developer will not save you any money.